SmartOptimizer (previously named JSmart) is a PHP library that enhances your website performance by optimizing the front end using techniques such as minifying, compression, caching, concatenation and embedding. All the work is done on the fly on demand.
SmartOptimizer is open source and released under the terms of GPL (GNU General Public License).
- SmartOptimizer reduces count of http requests by concatenating JS/CSS files together.
- It also reduces http requests by embedding CSS images and CSS imported files.
- SmartOptimizer generates minified, compressed, combined and embedded files on the first request and caches them on the server and uses the cache on future requests.
- It doesn't embed duplicated urls (i.e. css sprites) in css files for better performance.
- It also knows to regenerate already cached files if the originals have been changed.
- SmartOptimizer handles browsers that doesn't support gzip encoding and sends them non-gzipped content.
- It also forces the browser to cache the files optionally forever or until they have not changed.
- SmartOptimizer removes Etag headers. (for better performance on clustered servers).
- It is very easy to install and usually there is no need to do any changes on your codes.