- Extremely fast test startup and execution time, without having to run a browser.
- Clean, readable output in the case of both passing and failing tests.
- A browser-based test runner that can simply be refreshed whenever JS is changed.
- Style and semantics that resemble Google Test for C++.
- A built-in mocking framework that requires minimal boilerplate code (e.g. no $tearDown or $verifyAll) with style and semantics based on the Google C++ Mocking Framework.
The trade-off is that since tests are run in V8 without a browser, there is no DOM available. You can still use Google JS Test for tests of DOM-manipulating code.