mobl is a new free and open source language designed specially to speed up building mobile applications. Using modern HTML5 technologies, mobl offers you
- a concise language to build native-feeling web apps in a jiff;
- great (Eclipse) IDE support (such as as-you-type error reporting, code completion and reference resolving);
- a rapid save and test cycle. No more lengthy compilations, the mobl IDE compiles your modules whenever you save, ready to be tested in the mobile browser.
mobl language features:
- Statically typed language, enabling great IDE support and as-you-type error detection, while reducing the amount of typing other statically typed languages require, through type inference.
- Declarative domain-specific language (DSL) for defining user interfaces.
- Declarative concise DSL for defining data models. Data is stored on the device. No server back-end required.